How to Install Wedding Cake Steps in Above Ground Pool?
The installation of wedding cake steps on an above-ground swimming pool is a great way to make the pool more accessible for everyone. In addition to improving safety, it also provides a fun new way to enjoy your backyard space. This step design also allows for you to sit on the steps and ease into the water. Below, we will discuss how to install these steps so you can get started today.
- If you haven’t already, you should first purchase wedding cake steps in a design and style that’s suitable for your pool shape. You also need to choose steps that are the right height. A quick search online should give you an idea of what to purchase.
- The steps will come with reinforcement parts that you need to secure by filling with pea gravel and foam pads. Make sure to screw the caps back on unless you want to deal with a gravel-filled pool.
- You’ll need to carefully level out the area where you want your steps. The more even and flat the ground is, the better it will be for placing your pool.
- Once that is complete, simply place each step into position according to their instructions. This should be done before fastening them together with screws or bolts while ensuring they are secure on the edge of the pool.
- Next, lay down your pool liner on the ground before placing it into position over the steps. Make sure to cut out any excess that may be hanging off of either end to fit correctly.
- Once this is completed, fill up your above-ground pool with water and let it sit overnight before using or testing anything else if necessary. The next day, before allowing anyone else to use it, try it yourself to see if the installation was successful.
Advantages of Wedding Cake Steps
Having steps in your pool is especially helpful for those who have mobility constraints, like kids and the elderly. This is because they can get in and out of the pool with ease.
The steps also make it easier for you to get into or out of your above-ground pool. With the steps, you can enter the pool carefully instead of jumping into water that may be over your head, depending on how deep it is. This makes the steps a must-have for any above-ground pool owner.
The beauty of wedding cake steps is that they add aesthetic beauty to your pool. If your pool was simply plain, it could benefit from having some stairs to give it character.
These steps are also quick and easy to install. And, if you’re wondering how much it costs, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 and above, depending on which one you get.
If your pool currently has no steps in it at all or old broken ones, then buying some new wedding cake style will not only increase your safety but will add to your pool’s beauty as well.