What is a Teak Shower Bench?
A shower bench is used to provide extra support in the bathroom. You can sit on it or use it as a shelf. These benches are also used mainly by people with physical limitations as a means to provide support. A shower bench also comes in handy when you need support for shaving or exfoliating your legs. Also, a shower bench allows you to enjoy sitting in your shower, which is proven to be therapeutic. You can choose between having a built-in or mobile shower bench.
Because this bench is constantly around water, it must be water-resistant and refinish-able. Therefore, making it easy to clean and maintain. Speaking of materials, you can find shower benches made from bamboo and different materials, but the most popular one is teak wood.
Benefits of a Teak Shower Bench
If you’ve never owned a teak shower bench, and you’re wondering whether or not it’s worth getting one, below are a few benefits of owning a teak bench that might just change your mind.
- Moisture repellent properties. Unlike other types of wood, teak shower benches last longer because teak is naturally water repellent. This means that there are reduced chances of mold, rot, and warping. So, if you are looking for long-lasting services, you are better off using teak.
- Teak shower benches come in a variety of styles. No matter what your taste, you are bound to find one design that suits you. Because of teak’s popularity, there are benches in various shapes, sizes, and designs. If you have a small bathroom, you can find benches as small as 18 inches, and for larger bathrooms, benches that are 3 feet wide. You can also find teak benches with intricate designs. If you’re a person who prefers functionality over design, you can still find something suitable for you.
- Because of its ability to resist water, teak is ideal for people who live in humid areas. Teak can withstand high moisture and can also withstand damage from insects.
- A teak shower bench improves the look of your bathroom. If you have a plain and straightforward bathroom, adding a shower bench will give it more style and character.
- A shower bench allows you to convert your bathroom into a spa-like room. The bench allows you to sit and relax in your bathroom, benefiting from steam just like you would in an actual spa.
- A teak shower bench doubles up as extra storage space. If you do not have a shelf in your bathroom to store your bath products, you can benefit from having a shower bench. You can easily store things like your scrub, cleansers, shampoos, facial and body wash, and more.
Having looked at what a teak shower bench is and how you can benefit from having one, you can now decide to purchase one. As you shop around for a shower bench, consider factors like the size of your bathroom, style, function, and durability. You also need to consider your budget, and how much you’d be willing to spend on a good-quality shower bench.