How to Install Above-Ground Pool Cover?
Above-ground pools are a great way to beat the heat in the summer. However, they also pose some risks. One of these is that children can accidentally fall into them and drown if not supervised. To avoid this risk, you should invest in an above-ground pool cover.
Pool covers are necessary for several reasons. First of all, they inhibit access to the pool for children and pets and alert you when someone has fallen into it. If you have pets or small children, you can’t always keep an eye on their whereabouts. Having a pool cover ensures that they are safe from accidentally falling into the pool.
Pool covers also keep leaves and debris from entering your pool. On a windy day, debris, dust, or fallen leaves can easily find their way into your pool, leading to expensive cleaning costs. Some above-ground pools have a skimmer that gets plugged up by dirt or other materials if not covered with a cover.
Steps to Installing an Above-Ground Pool Cover
You can install an above-ground swimming pool cover in the following steps:
- You may already have information on the brand and size of your above-ground pool. What you want to do is to purchase a cover that is the right fit for your pool. Once purchased, unpack the cover from its packaging and examine it. Do not use any sharp objects to cut away the plastic covering, damaging the cover.
Suppose there are any tears in the fabric of the pool cover. In that case, you will need to repair them by stitching them back up with a thread that matches the color of your above-ground swimming pool cover.
- To install an above-ground swimming pool cover on your in-ground or surface-mounted in-ground pools, first remove any debris from around and under your pool’s placement. If the pool is dirty, you may want to clean it first.
- To install, place the cover in a centered position over your pool. It is recommended that you use weights or sandbags to help keep the cover in place. This is especially necessary if the pool will be left unattended for an extended period.
- Once you’ve ensured that your above-ground swimming pool cover is properly placed, the next step is to secure the top. To do this, you can use a pool cover pump. You should also ensure you align any outlets or holes in the cover to corresponding parts of your swimming pool.
- After securing the top of the pool, you’ll want to secure the sides of the pool next. There are a few different methods for doing this, but the best way to do it is by using water tubes. You can fill these with either water or sand and use them as weights on the sides of your cover. These weights will prevent wind from lifting the cover.
With those simple steps, you can successfully install a cover over your own above-ground swimming pool.