Top 5 Best Above Ground Pools for Dogs In 2021
You might already have an above-ground pool in your back yard that your dogs can play in. However, the conventional one was primarily built in a human-friendly design. With that being said, it does mean that your pet can not play in it. It's just that your dogs might have difficulties at times especially for the ones that don't like water. There might be accidents that could take place as it's way too big for them.
Now worry less, as there are tons of above ground pools there, designed specifically for your pets. In this article, I have gathered a list of the top 10 best above ground pools for dogs in 2021.
Our Top Picks
#1. Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool
On top of our list is Jasonwell Foldable Dog Pet Bath Pool. What makes it stand out from other dog pools is that this dog pool hits high scores in all portability, sturdiness and durability. With that said, let’s dive deeper into why is that so.
First things first, the portability. When you’re not using it, you can fold it up flat. That way you can store it in any free space there is in your house. Moreover, you can also bring it with you anywhere you go. Furthermore, there is no need of inflation when you set it up as it is particle board squares. Therefore, it requires no pump and is convenient to install. In addition to that, this above-ground dog pool also comes with a bottom side drain that allows you to plug the hose connector in and fill the pool in no time.
Secondly, the sturdiness. It is made out of the extra tough PVC material (Polyvinyl Chloride) on the outside. And on the inside of the dog pool, there is the slip resistant and durable heavy bottom feature that protect your beloved pets and toddlers from slipping when playing in the pool. Given its strong and tough material, you still need to clip your dog’s nails nevertheless as dogs are known to have the most fierce claws amongst all mammals.
Last but not least, the durability. It is no doubt that this dog pool can last the whole summer. As it comes with a very high quality material. Moreover, both your pet dogs and kids can play in this dog pool. In addition to that, this dog pool is made out of the environmental friendly materials such as EN71(EU testing methods for assessing toy design, durability and safety) and ASTM standard (American Society for Testing and Materials).
What We Like
- We like the different sizes that this dog pool has to offer for all kinds of dogs in addition to its premium quality.
- The dog pool is lead free.
- It can be used everyday.
- It is easy to drain the pool and refill it back.
- You can use it for other purposes other than just a pool for your dogs and/or kids.
What We don’t Like
- You can’t leave your dogs unsupervised in this pool. They might destroy it.
#2. DEStar PVC Foldable Pet Swimming Pool
This dog pool is a good one to have in your backyard for your dog to chill in on a hot summer day. With the protective lining design that it comes with, we can leave it out in the open for days without it going moldy. This foldable dog pool is space-saving. It allows you to carry with you everywhere you go without taking much space in the trunk of your car.
Just like the previous one, we don’t need to inflate this pool when we set it up for our dogs because it is made out of particle boards. And the bottom has thick tarps that can endure the dog’s sharp nails. However, you still need to supervise your dog and trim its claws before entering the pool. In order to make sure that both the dog and the pool are safe and still in-tact respectively.
Furthermore, the pool comes with a water outlet. You can either drain the pool or refill the pool with it effectively. You will have an easier time changing and keeping the water clean with that feature.
What We like
- It is made out of high quality material.
- The pool comes with thick PVC material that ensures your dog’s safety.
- The protective lining on the inside of the pool can effectively protect against your dog’s sharp claws.
- Kids can also have a great time with the dogs in the pool.
What We don’t like
- There are some occasions that leakage takes place. However, it’s just the case of a small number of customers out there. No big deal!
#3. OceanTeda Foldable Dog Pool for Large Dogs
This dog pool provides value for your money. Likewise to other pools on the list, we can also fold this one up into a compact size when we’re not using it. It is easy to store and carry. In addition to that, we can set the pool up in no time as there is no need of inflating the pool. This dog pool comes with a side/bottom drain that allows you to drain or refill the water fast.
Furthermore, it also comes with an anti-slip feature that ensures the safety of your dogs and toddlers when they’re playing in the pool. When it comes to the materials built-in this swimming pool, we’re talking about thick PVC material (Polyvinyl Chloride) and high density carbon fiber board. These elements can withstand the dog’s puncture effectively.
What’s cool about this pool is that we can leave it out there for a whole week. We just need to either cover it with a pool cover or skimming the leaves out of it regularly. In addition to that, you just need to change the water once a week and your lab will be able to enjoy his bath all day long.
What We like
- The price is reasonable.
- This pool can accommodate big dogs.
- It can be perfect for both toddlers & dogs.
- It’s easy to clean.
- Adults can also enjoy their drinks in the pool.
- We can also set it up for our kids to play indoor and to store their toys.
What We don’t like
- There is nothing that we don’t like about it.
#4. GoStock Dog Pool for Large Dogs
Gostock has really thought it through when they were manufacturing this dog pool. Just like other dog pools on the list, this pool is made our of fiberboard and does not require inflation when we set it up. What makes this pool standing out from the rest is that it has the most thick fiberboard on the market. With the extra tough PVC material that it comes with, this dog pool is more durable than others.
With its foldable feature, it’s easy to put in any available space in our house. In addition to that, we can just fold it up flat and put it in the trunk of our car when we go to beach. This dog pool can be used for various purposes. Other than just being a dog pool, it can also be a sandbox for our toddlers and pets when we go to the beach.
This pool comes in 5 different sizes.
- S (32*32*8 In) suitable for < 40lbs dogs
- M (39*39*12 In) suitable for < 60 lbs dogs
- L (48*48*12 In) suitable for < 80 lbs dogs
- XL (55*55*12 In) suitable for < 150 lbs dogs
- XXL (63*63*12 In) suitable for < 256 lbs dogs
The big dogs like German shepherds love to play in the XXL pools as they can accommodate up to 256 lbs dogs.
What We like
- The pool comes with a non-slip feature on the bottom that protects your dogs and kids from falling when they’re playing in the pool.
- There is a plastic drainage valve on the side of the pool that allows you to drain or fill the pool easily.
- You’ll get a dog brush as an additional gift when you buy this pool.
What We don’t like
- We need to supervise our dogs when they’re playing in the pool. Otherwise, they’re tear it apart when they’re running and jumping in and out of the pool.
#5. Sibosen Dog Pool for Large Dogs
If you’re looking for a dog pool for your big or extra large labs, this is the one for you. It is a pool that is 63″ by 11.8″ big. This pool is a perfect choice to put inside of your house or your backyard. When you finished using it, you can fold this dog pool up flat. It, therefore, allows you to store the pool in any free space in your house. In addition to that, you can easily bring it anywhere you go as it fits perfectly in the trunk of your car.
Other than just being a pool, you can use it to bath your dogs & your baby. Furthermore, it can also be a toy bar for your baby to play in. With this multi-functional feature, this dog pool provides a lot of value for your money. Moreover, your toddlers and your pets are safe when they play in this pool as its bottom comes with thick slip resistant material.
Extra tough PVC material is what this dog pool is made out of. Additionally, the PVC material is also resistant to scratches from your dogs when playing in the pool. Enough talking about its durability, let’s move on to how easy it is to set the pool up. It’s actually pretty to install. The pool is made out of one of the most thick fiber boards second only to GoStock Dog Pool’s. You don’t need to inflate it. Just unfold the pool, fill it up and you’re ready to go.
What We like
- Easy to fold.
- Convenient to clean.
- Reasonable price.
- It is great for both dogs and kids.
- The material is thick and durable.
What We don’t like
- It requires a lot of water as it is a big pool.
Take Away for Dog Pools on Our List
- When you want to set your pool up, just make sure that there is no rocks or any sharp things under the pool. As those things can damage your pool when you fill it up.
- Please make sure to supervise your pet when they’re in the pool and trim their claws before they enter the pool.
- You can fill the pool with about 60-80% of water.
Dog pool is your go-to choice as it is durable, portable and convenient. Unlike above-ground swimming pools, you don’t need to inflate dog pool to use it. Other than that, you can fold it up and put it in the trunk of your car when you want to bring it with you. It takes up to no time to set up. The pool is safe for your kids and pets. With all the benefits stated, a dog pool is a good investment for your money.