DIY Project: Do It Yourself Above Ground Pool Slide?
Above-ground pools are the go-to option if you do not have room for an in-ground pool. They are also cheaper to set up and maintain. Suppose you are a family that is constantly on the move. In that case, you will appreciate the flexibility, ease of installation, and cheap costs that above-ground pools offer. These pools offer fun and exercise in a package.
Slides for Above Ground Pools
Since above-ground pools differ from in-ground pools, you may be wondering whether certain pool accessories like a pool slide would work the same. Slides add extra fun when you’re playing and swimming in the pool. They are a hit, especially with kids. Some slides are suitable for above-ground pools.
It is possible to install a slide for an above-ground pool as long as the pool has a solid surrounding deck. If you have a wooden deck, then you can use bolts and screws to secure the slide. Resin is not good material for a deck if you intend to install a slide.
Before choosing the kind of slide you’ll install, you need to determine whether the slide is for kids or both kids and adults. If it is for the former, then a simple inflatable slide works just fine.
DIY Pool Slide
If you are more of a hands-on person and love building things yourself, then you can opt to make your own DIY pool slide for your above-ground pool. With a ladder, construction material, and a PVC water pipe (large), you can easily make your own pool slide on a budget. If you have a little extra money to spare, you can purchase a regular playground slide. You’ll also need screws and bolts.
- The first thing you want to do is determine which side of the pool you’ll want to secure the pool to. The same will determine which side the ladder will be on. Once you’ve done so, you will need to select the terrain on which you’ll secure the ladder. Metal or wood are the best options for safety and durability. Thankfully, the above-ground pool lends some stability for the ladder leaning against it.
- You need to find a way to secure the ladder to the pool. Because of the build of an above-ground pool, you want to avoid making any punctures or holes into it. You can add weights to the bottom of the ladder for stability. You can also hook the ladder over the pool walls.
- Ensure you make correct measurements, as any miscalculation will throw off your whole DIY project, rendering it unsafe.
- You can build your own ladder or use a premade one. Once the ladder is in the proper position, secure it. Anchor it properly for it to safely handle weight without wobbling.
- Once installed, test the slide to determine whether it is safe for use. If it is, you can now have fun with your DIY pool slide.
Once you have the necessary materials, the installation process will take a couple of hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a DIY project?
DIY stands for ” Do It Yourself “. It’s been a common word to use and thing to do since the 50’s. What it means is basically you do something yourself instead of hiring a professional to do it for you. This is the simplest way to describe DIY in order for everyone to understand. To dive deeper into what it is, let’s see what Wikipedia has to say.
Can You Put a Slide on Above Ground Pool?
Yes, you can.
Can You Build Your Own Pool Slide?
You definitely can. Make sure that you have the tools and materials necessary for this DIY project. From there, just follow the steps that we’ve mentioned above and you’re gonna be able to build your own pool slide.
Are Pool Slides Safe?
No, they’re not that safe especially for kids. Given their slippery nature, children might slip when they climb the slides and fall off to the ground. Which would result in heavy injuries in some cases.
After having read this, you should be able to start your diy project and build your own pool slides by now. If you want to read more articles like this, be sure to check us out at PolyTopProducts.